10.17.2011

Bright and Cheerful Nursery

I finally got around to taking some photos of Luke's nursery. We originally had that room painted blue and were going to keep it blue regardless of if we had a girl or a boy. I wanted his room to be bright, cheerful, and fun. Gino had a lot of input and in the end it turned out just right!
View from the doorway.
5x7-nursery-photo1

7x5-nursery-photo7

Lots of books to read in a bookshelf from Ikea.
I made the curtains from Ikea fabric. Fast, easy, and no-sew required.
5x7-nursery-photo2

I made this mobile from scrapbook paper.
There are endless color and pattern combinations for any nursery. 
5x7-nursery-photo3

5x7-nursery-photo4

One of the various designs I created for the room.
5x7-nursery-photo5

Changing station and more personalized designs.
I used fabric left over from the curtains to cover the small drawer to the side of the dresser.
5x7-nursery-photo6

7x5-nursery-photo2

7x5-nursery-photo6

7x5-nursery-photo5

These Sesame Street Car toys were Gino's when he was a little boy. 
7x5-nursery-photo3

7x5-nursery-photo4

My talented sister knit this puff mama foot stool that matches with the room colors perfectly.
She followed this tutorial
7x5-nursery-photo8

Our nursery wasn't complete without Giants gear.
7x5-nursery-photo1

Luke already has a lot of stuffed animals and the teddy bear is actually Gino's childhood teddy bear, so sweet. 
Lukes-Nursery-3

We originally were going to get Gino's Mom's rocking chair but it was too big for the room so we went with a non-traditional style chair instead from Target (I don't think they have it anymore). 
Lukes-Nursery-1

The Cabbage Patch is an original from the 1980's that my Grandma saved.
I just love the old school toys. 
Lukes-Nursery-11

Lukes-Nursery-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...